Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) is a composite cutting tool material
produced with a tungsten carbide substrate, enabling it to be brazed
to a cutting tool body. Because of the extreme hardness typical
of diamond, PCD is an excellent material for machining non-ferrous
metals and wood products.
A&H Industries machines PCD tipped saws and cutters with CNC
erosion (EDM) equipment, yielding a wear resistant tooling option
Benefits of PCD:
- Edge life of 30 to 200 times greater than carbide depending
- Reduced machine and employee "down time" for tooling change
- Consistency of profile and surface finish reducing or eliminating
- Cost effective long-term tooling solution for high volume or
- Applicable for most automated machinery, CNC routers, panel
saw, tenoner, molder, shaper, and edge-banding.
- Wear-resistant alternative for machining abrasive materials,
solid surface, synthetic or natural woods.